Apo-Diazepam ◇, Diastat, Novodipam ◇, Valium, Vivol ◇, Zetran Therapeutic classification: anxiolytic, skeletal muscle relaxant, amnestic, anticonvulsant.
Or, 10 mg I.M. Adults: 2 to 10 mg P.O. initially, repeated at 10- to 15-minute intervals up to a maximum dose of 30 mg. Acute alcohol withdrawal. Indications and dosages Anxiety. Children ages 6 to 11: 0.3 mg/kg P.R. Infants older than age 30 days to children age 5: 1 to 2 mg I.M. b.i.d. for the first 24 hours; reduce to 5 mg t.i.d. initially, followed by 5 to 10 mg q 3 to 4 hours, p.r.n. t.i.d. (preferred) or I.M. before surgery. Adults: 2 to 10 mg P.O. Adults: Depending on severity, 2 to 10 mg P.O.
Diazepam. Other Names. Valium, Vivol, Diazumul. Classification. Benzodiazepine. Action. •Benzodiazepines produce major inhibitory neurotransmitters in the.
• (sedation) 2 - 5 mg slow IV at < 5 mg/min, repeat every 30 minutes - 4 hours, PRN Pediatric:
• Diazepam should be diluted 1 mg with 1 ml in NS and administered close to the IV site.
• Respiratory and CNS depression • Laryngospasm.
• Protect from light.
Preparations: 10 mg/2 ml vial (5 mg/ml) Adult:
• Nausea and vomiting Interactions/Compatibility/Stability.
• Do not mix with any other injectable medication, may precipitate when administered in a D5W IV line.
• Patient with a compromised respiratory status.
• Elderly and children may react unpredictably Adverse Reactions • Hypotension • Reflex tachycardia.
• (seizures) 2 - 20 mg slow IV at < 5 mg/min, repeat every 5 - 15 minutes, PRN, to a maximum of 30 mg.
• (seizures) 0.5 mg/kg for the first PR dose and 0.25 mg/kg for subsequent PR doses Kinetics Onset 1-5 minutes Peak 10 minutes Duration 20 minutes.
Narcotics, barbituates, alcohol and anti-depressants can potentiate effects Special Considerations.
• Hypersensitivity to the medication • Hypoglycemic seizures Precautions.
• As the use of benzodiazepine is increased, anxiolytic effects are first produced, followed by anticonvulsant effects, a reduction in muscle tonus and finally sedation and hypnosis Indications • Sedative/anxiolytic • Anticonvulsant • Amnestic Contraindications.
• (seizures) 0.2 mg/kg slow IV at < 1 mg/min, repeat every 5 - 15 minutes, PRN, to a maximum of 20 mg.
• Benzodiazepines produce major inhibitory neurotransmitters in the CNS.
• To determine volume to be infused, double dose (in mg) and divide by 10.
Valium, falls within the drug classification of benzodiazepines. Valium, along with the other benzodiazepines are by far the drugs most often prescribed to treat.
There are no reviews yet. Name * * Your Review Current ye@r *.
Leave this field empty.
Valium, falls within the drug classification of benzodiazepines.
Call us now at: E-Mail us at: $1,125.00.
Valium, falls within the drug classification of benzodiazepines. Sometimes the benzodiazepines are also used to treat seizures in some patients with epilepsy. Valium, along with the other benzodiazepines are by far the drugs most often prescribed to treat anxiety problems. It is considered a long – acting benzodiazepine, in that you may take one dosage to last all day. Valium is frequently prescribed for individuals with generalized anxiety disorder, problems with muscle relaxation (such as if you have back problems), and even for a condition called night terrors that occurs with children. Also in addition to being good for anxiety, Valium is frequently used as a muscle relaxant and for sleeping difficulties.
Genetic Implications: Pronunciation: dye-az-e-pam. Trade Name(s). Diastat; Diazemuls [Canada]; Valium. Pregnancy Category Category D. Ther. Class.
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription -- CONNECT WITH US facebook twitter youtube.
-- The first section of this topic is shown below -- Genetic Implications:
Pronunciation: dye- az -e-pam.
Controlled Substance Schedule: IV.
Class. antianxiety agents anticonvulsants sedative/hypnotics skeletal muscle relaxants (centrally acting) Pharm. Ther. benzodiazepines. Class.
Nursing Central is the award-winning, complete mobile solution for nurses and students. Look up information on diseases, tests, and procedures; then consult the database with 5,000+ drugs or refer to 65,000+ dictionary terms. Explore these free sample topics: metoprolol Cholecystitis and Cholelithiasis keratosis Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate.
Trade Name(s) Diastat Diazemuls Valium.
Please Sign in with your Nursing Central account Davis's Drug Guide.
Pregnancy Category Category D.
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
Generic Valium Classification, Purchase Valium Classification.. Approved Pharmacy, Buy Valium Classification In South Africa Online.. Online Valium.